Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Post 1

I had heard a lot about this class before I even signed up for in the fall, so I was a little wary going in. Now not everything I heard was bad, just the majority of it. I'd heard from some students that this was one of the hardest college classes they've ever taken. Another said that they were more stressed out than at any other point so far in their college years. So needless to say, I was freaking out just a little! Although most people said that the class is hard, they also said that they really learned a lot, not just about the computer aspects but also about managing their time. With all of this in mind, I will admit that I was more than a little afraid of this class. I've always been good in school, so the thought of not being able to do well in a class makes me a tad nauseous. From what I can tell so far, this class won't be anything like any other class I've ever taken, college or high school. Up to this point, most all the classes I've taken have been basics that you barely have to show up for, much less actually put time and effort into. I'm not a big fan of the unknown, so this class definitely made me anxious.

I think that for me the most difficult part of this class will be managing my time and remembering all of the assignments that are due and when. I'm very organized but also a little scatter brained, so it's going to take some discipline. I think the best way for me to take care of this issue is to have a strict schedule of when to do things and writing out every week exactly what needs to be done. This class is going to be challenging, I can already tell, but I can also tell that it will be very good for me. It's going to push me to do more than just enough to get by. I don't really have any questions about this class right now, but I know that if I ever do, that there is an over abundance of resources to help answer those questions.

2 comments:

  1. "I think that for me the most difficult part of this class will be managing my time and remembering all of the assignments that are due and when." Take advantage of the Master Checklist on google docs. Look at it often during the week to remind you of assignments that are due and things coming up. It can also be helpful because it provides you will a list of things to begin working on each week. If you follow the Master Checklist and set aside plenty of time each week for EDM 310 you will be able to keep up with all the assignments.

    Welcome to EDM 310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely sympathize with you when you say, "I'm very organized but also a little scatter brained..." I am the exact same way. I tell myself that an assignment is due by a certain date, I can even write it down, and sometimes I can still forget. "I think the best way for me to take care of this issue is to have a strict schedule of when to do things..." I one hundred percent agree with that statement. Setting a schedule of when to devote time to this class was the same solution I came up with when dealing with someone as scatter brained as my self.

    ReplyDelete