Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Hannah Waters, and I've lived in Mobile for my entire life. I'm from a very big family: I have four sisters, one brother, and nine nieces and nephews. It's both awesome and crazy to be from such a big family, but I definitely wouldn't trade it for anything. I've learned so much from spending all my time in a big group of people, and I probably wouldn't be in this course of study if it wasn't for that.

My original plan for college wasn't actually to attend USA. I had planned on going to the University of Mobile, which is a private christian college about 20 minutes from here. UM is about a tenth the size of South, and I had been planning to go there for pretty much all of high school. It wasn't until about three months before I graduated that I decided that it would be a much better financial decision to attend USA, considering that tuition at Mobile is more than double what it is here. Although South wasn't my first choice, I'm very glad that I ended up here.

I've never had any doubt that I wanted to be an elementary school teacher. Ever since I was a kid, I knew that I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. I would force my younger sisters to sit in our room while I wrote on our little white board and pretended to teach them something. In high school while everyone else was unsure about what they wanted to do with their life, I was completely confident in my decision to be an educator. Choosing Elementary Ed. over anything else was probably due to the fact that I have spent my entire life surrounded by children. I've always known what I wanted to be, but it's crazy to me that it is actually in the process of happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment